Meet the Brothers
Frequently Asked Questions
DSP is America’s foremost co-ed professional fraternity organized to foster the study of business in universities. The Beta Upsilon chapter at Texas Tech University consists of a close-knit group of men and women within the Rawls College of Business and related programs. Our chapter currently has 100 active, making us one of the largest chapters in the U.S.
- Any Business or Economics Majors
- MBA or Rawls Graduate Students
- Must be enrolled full-time at Texas Tech
- Must have minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Have at least 1 remaining semester after current
Business fraternities offer a unique opportunity for you to challenge and improve yourself. No other type of business organization provides an intensive development program, an extensive international alumni network, or a sense of brotherhood only gained through the pledging experience that a business fraternity provides.
Recruitment occurs over the span of two weeks at the beginning of each semester. Attending an information session as well as the various recruitment events and socials will give you an edge during the interview process. This is a great time to begin creating friendships with the brothers of our chapter.
Pledges are required to attend 8 weekly pledge meetings each Wednesday lasting about 1 hours in length. The pledge class as a whole will plan and attend a professional event, community service event, fundraising event, and social that may occur on weekends. We estimate the time commitment to be equivalent to a two-credit-hour class.
There is no fixed number of candidates we take each semester. The size of the pledge class depends on the quality of the applicant pool. Pledge classes have ranged from 17 to 39 pledges in past semesters.
All prospective candidates are required to fill out an application HERE and email it to our Senior Vice President, Hannah Stevens. We will have multiple information sessions and recruitment events leading up to this deadline to meet the brothers of our chapter. Throughout the process, recruits can sign up for an interview time on February 6th starting at 5:00 pm. Following interviews, we will email out bids to the candidates we accept on February 7th.
All candidates are required to wear business professional dress to the interview and bring 10 copies of his or her resume. You will rotate through two to three rooms and be asked both situational and behavioral questions. This interview is intended to not only gauge your professionalism but also your character to see if you will be a good fit in the Beta Upsilon chapter. Professionalism is key, but try to relax and smile!
Absolutely! We look at re-applications as a sign of dedication, persistence, and commitment. Be sure to illustrate to active members how you’ve developed since last applying and what you’ve done to get closer to accomplishing your goals.
Please contact our Senior Vice President, Hannah Stevens, at DSPBUSeniorVP@gmail.com with any recruitment related questions.
Take a look at the Spring 2018 recruitment schedule!
- January 29th: Information Session #1 6PM | Location: BA101
- January 30th: Information Session #2 6PM | Location: BA105 Another opportunity to learn more about Delta Sigma Pi.
- January 31st: Meet the Brothers 7PM | Location: BA105 Socialize and get to know the brothers of Delta Sigma Pi on a personal basis.
- February 1st: Meet the Brothers 7PM | Location: Main Event Hang out and meet with members of the Fraternity while enjoying games at Main Event
- February 5th: Professional Social Event 7PM | Location: Rawls Atrium This is a professional event and a chance to meet some more brothers!
- February 6th: Let's "Taco" 'Bout It! Come hang out with us at Fuzzy's! 8:30PM | Location: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
- February 7th Adrenaline City 7PM | Adrenaline City - Trampoline Park Before this day at any of our events, you will get the chance to sign up for an interview.